A few short weeks and a quick trip down the I-90 are the only things separating the Buffalo Bills from their 2022 training camp.
Buffalo kicks off its 2022 camp on July 24, its first back at Rochester’s St. John Fisher College since 2019. With a roster as thoroughly talented as that of the Bills’, spots, especially at the bottom of the roster, are few and far between. Training camp will determine which players will round out Buffalo’s roster this year, as well as provide fans the opportunity to reacclimate themselves with the likes of Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs. It will also be their first opportunity to see players like Von Miller and Kaiir Elam in Bills’ uniforms.
On this episode of the Cover 1 Roundup, Kyle Silagyi and David Faux are joined by Cover 1 contributors Hans Hansen and Greg Vorse to preview Buffalo’s upcoming camp, highlighting the seven storylines they’re most heavily intrigued by.
Topics discussed include:
- An in-depth look at the running back position
- Will James Cook’s role evolve?
- Cornerback competition preview
- Can Nick McCloud or Olaijah Griffin push the likes of Kaiir Elam and Dane Jackson?
- How will Spencer Brown, Ryan Bates, and the rest of the Bills’ offensive line grow under new position coach Aaron Kromer?
- Will a fresh set of eyes at linebackers coach help Tremaine Edmunds take a step forward?
- What will Buffalo’s offensive identity be under new coordinator Ken Dorsey?
- Will Isaiah McKenzie, Khalil Shakir, or Tavon Austin push Jamison Crowder for the starting slot receiver spot?
- And much more!